Please upgrade your browser.
Play Therapy in the Sandbox!
237 Taconic Road
Greenwich, CT 06831
- $30.00 - APT Member Discounted Rate
- $40.00 - Regular Registration
Play therapy can be an effective adjunct to your work with families and children. This workshop will introduce participants to the benefits of including play therapy, and particularly sandtray therapy, in your work with clients. A hands-on approach will allow participants to experience the healing work of sand. We will explore using sandtrays in all phases of therapy – from assessment, through treatment, and finally in the termination phase.
At the end of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Describe the necessary essentials to start using sandtray in therapy
- Demonstrate at least one way of using sandtray in the assessment phase of therapy.
- List several ways in which sandtrays may be useful in the treatment phase of therapy.
- Give an example of using sandtray in the termination phase of therapy.
Barbara van Hoff is a licensed marriage and family therapist and an AAMFT approved supervisor. She is also a registered play therapist supervisor and has been trained in EMDR for trauma therapy. She loves teaching, and is grateful for the opportunity to give workshops several times a year!
- Time: 9:00 am – 12:00 pm
- Date: Friday, October 21, 2016
- Location: Greenwich Center for Hope and Renewal - 237 Taconic Road, Greenwich, CT, 06831
- Cost: $40 ($30 if APT member)
Continuing education credits (3 hrs)
APT Approved Provider # 02-123
|Powered by NeonCRM|